Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gerodimos-Crowe Wedding – November 19, 2011

On November 19, 2011, I was honored to do the make-up for Helena Gerodimos for her wedding.  I was introduced to Helena through her brother, Rafael who is friends with my husband.  Not to get side tracked immediately, but I will be doing the make-up for Rafael and his fiancée Ashley's wedding this year.  I’m VERY excited

Okay, back to this wedding…

Helena had decided on airbrush makeup with dramatic but natural eyes including false eyelashes.  When I met her for the first time on the day of the trial, I quickly noticed Helena is a natural beauty.  She’s the type of woman that makes my job very easy.  I also got the opportunity to meet her parents.  They were delightful and I could tell they were all really close. 

I worked on her for about 30 minutes before I let her take a look.  She was delighted and then her father came into the room.  When he began to tear-up, I knew I had done a good job.

The day of the wedding didn’t go off without a little stress on my part.  My airbrush gun broke after I completed the first bridesmaid.  Luckily, the bride wasn’t in the room and my husband, who was my assistant for the day, got right to work fixing it.  He managed to get it back together before she arrived, which was a HUGE relief.  My job is to keep the bride’s from getting stressed out… not adding to the stress of the day.

Before we get to the pictures, remember I don’t own a professional camera and I’m not a photographer.  On this particular day, I was really busy (8 gorgeous ladies in total) so I didn’t get a chance to preview the pictures before they were dashing off to the church.

On to the lovely ladies…

Corey was a lot of fun.  Her hair was a little retro so we decided to go with winged eyes for drama. 











Ashley’s gorgeous red hair and lovely fair skin needed to be complemented with purples and pinks.  One of the challenges with fair complexions (and light hair) is overdoing it.  In Ashley’s case, we hit it right on the mark.























Debbie has a classic look with great cheekbones and lips.  We decided to do traditional eyes and enhance her cheek bones with some highlighter.










Denise hardly ever wears make-up, so we went with the basics to get her camera-ready.  She has eyelashes that go FOR-EVER so it was easy to play up her eyes without a lot of makeup.























The Bride, Helena, looks absolutely gorgeous.  (She’s got a slight glare from my inexpensive camera, so check out the detail work on her right eye).  Her gorgeous complexion went perfectly with bronze and gold and we flared out her eyes with false lashes.  We played up her cheekbones with bronzer and peach highlighter and a touch of rose blush.  We kept her lips a little natural, but made sure they were well defined.

Her professional photographer (who honestly was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met) took a bunch of pictures from different angles and let us review them so we could make sure she looked like perfection.

It was a gorgeous day with a beautiful bride and bridal party.  I wish all the best to the happy couple Mr. and Mrs. Crowe!

No comments:

Post a Comment