Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bridal Make-up Cindy: Mother of the Bride

I was at the salon doing a make-up trial for a wedding next week while another wedding was getting ready.  Cindy, the mother of the bride, was interested in having her make-up done.  She's got these great eyes that were just screaming to be highlighted.
© Day Spa Central - Cindy
Her main concern was her under-eye area.  Using some concealer to even out the skin tone under her eye and sprayed it twice to give an even color that blended well into her cheeks.  I also highlighted her brow bone and inner corner to bring the eye up and away from her trouble area.  Finally, her brows were a little sparse, so we filled them in to finish the look.

© Day Spa Central - Cindy

And I made sure to highlight those cheekbones.

© Day Spa Central - Cindy


She was a lot of fun to work with and her skin took color beautifully.

Watching diligently was her granddaughter who was also the flower girl.  Normally kids love to dig through make-up and just play.  It isn't something I encourage or normally allow, but she seemed to show a genuine interest in my tools.

I liked this girl!  We talked pink and purple sparkle for about 15 minutes.  Then we put on some shimmer and color on her eyes for her big day, but I certainly can say she's a make-up artist & model in the making.







She was too cute!

If you’re interested in my make-up services, you can contact me at info@day-spa-central.com or at 219.789.4998.  I do on-site work in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago area as well as working freelance at Salon Trisse in St. John, Indiana.  You can make hair appointments and make-up applications there by calling 219.365.0814.

4 comments:

  1. Every wedding I attend is unique in its own way and a true testament of love. I enjoy capturing memories that will last a life time and sharing them with each couple and their families.

    ____________________
    wedding party center|wedding center

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog. Love reading about my favourite subject. Just started my own site on Mother of the bride outfits, so always looking for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do some wonderful work, and have quite the blog! I wish there was quality work like yours from Wedding Make Up in Melbourne! I am spending a fortune to look as good as I can, and I could probably do it myself!

    ReplyDelete