Monday, July 2, 2012

Product Test: Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion

Part of my fantastic Sample Gift pack from Target was a sample of NIVEA Extended Moisture Daily Lotion.  It is a body lotion meant for dry to very dry skin.  That’s great for me because my skin is ridiculously dry.  Not only am I incredibly pale, which leads to drier skin, but I’m getting older and I have a health condition that keeps my skin incredibly dry.




The overview of the product is as follows:
  • A luxurious, non-greasy lotion, Extended Moisture provides up to 48 hours of relief for dry, tight skin.
  • Infused with Pro-Vitamin B5, and NIVEA's Hydra-IQ technology, Extended Moisture lotion gives ultra long-lasting, skin nourishing moisture.  
  • Hydra-IQ is NIVEA's exclusive technology that supports skin's own hydration network to unleash deep, non-stop moisture that lasts more than 24 hours.
So needless to say I was really excited to see if this works.  It is rare I can find an over-the-counter option that is less expensive than the medical or spa products.

Scent
It had a nice scent.  It was slightly floral, if I had to pinpoint it.  The scent is synthetic though, so if you have issues with perfumes, you need to test it out before slathering it all over.

Feel
I was really pleased with how silky it was.  Usually products meant for very dry skin are heavy and greasy.

Did it work immediately?
NIVEA doesn’t make any claim that their product is going to work immediately, but when I evaluate a lotion (face, hand/feet, body) I would like some kind of instant relief.  So, did it work immediately?   Yes AND No is my answer.  It absorbed quickly and my dry patches seemed less rough.  However, my skin didn’t feel smooth and hydrated.

How long did the moisturizer last?
NIVEA claims that this lotion can provide up to 48-hours of relief for dry, tight skin.  I didn’t exactly have these results.  On my legs, the effects lasted about an hour.  They were absolutely back to dry and scaly (although maybe not as bad before) after 24 hours.  My arms were okay for 24 hours, but not necessarily soft.  My elbows were crackly again in approximately 30 minutes.  Not much relief there.

Did it survive on my hands?
This product isn’t a hand lotion, but I still wanted to see how much help it was going to give me on my hands.  Much to my surprise, it survived one hand wash.  Impressive for being a body lotion.

So, would I buy it again?  Probably not.  At least I wouldn’t buy or recommend it for people with severe dry skin such as mine.  It isn’t that I disliked the product, it just doesn’t work as well or last as long as some of the spa products that I have.  If you have moderately dry skin, it might be worth a try especially since it is under $10.00; however, I’m a little hesitant to recommend it fully since it does have a synthetic fragrance.

As always, here’s to good skin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your posts about day spa! I’m so glad you found these ideas helpful and thanks for the information. Thank you for this inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete