Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Of the Reasons I LOVE What I Do For a Living

I spend a lot of time with brides doing their make-up.  I've been incredibly lucky to have worked on some lovely women who graciously allow and trust me to be a part of their special day.

These women are usually under a lot of pressure with last minute details by the time they see me.  There is occasionally some drama, but I've never had to deal with any "Bridezillas".

Then I meet someone like Lori...

Lori doesn't live here.  In fact, she lives about a 13 hour drive away.  I know this because I lived in a small suburb of Philadelphia named Reading and made the long drive back and forth to Northwest Indiana many times.  Not only has she had to coordinate a wedding from over 700 miles away, her fiancee's family is all from the Philadelphia area.  She's had to coordinate their arrivals and hotel accommodations and travel.

And they're all driving.

Yet, she was upbeat and an incredible amount of fun.  I got her in my chair after Salon Trisse stylist Lindsay Vrane did an incredible up-do (and I promise to have great pictures of it on the big day) and she basically gave me carte blanche to design her make-up.  That can be a lot of pressure on both of us because the bride gives up an incredible amount of trust to let that happen.

When I was done, she loved it and I was beyond excited.  But that isn't what this post is about.

Lori is less than two days away from her wedding and was so relaxed and fun, the test pictures I take to make sure the bride is photo ready turned out like this:









Tell me she isn't the most adorable person EVER.  I think I had more fun taking pictures than I did doing her make-up.  And this isn't even all the pictures I took!

Let's just say I'm completely looking forward to Friday.

If you’re interested in my make-up services, you can contact me at info@day-spa-central.com or at 219.789.4998.  I do on-site work in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago area as well as working freelance at Salon Trisse in St. John, Indiana.  You can make hair appointments and make-up applications there by calling 219.365.0814.

No comments:

Post a Comment