Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bridal Make-up – Lori: May 25, 2012

Last week, I posted some pictures of future bride, Lori.  She was the one happily smiling away after getting her hair (by Lindsay) and make-up (by me) trial done.  Well two days later was her wedding – a beautiful Friday that had the sun shining and the first really warm temperatures of the season in the Greater Chicagoland Area.

I wasn’t sure how many people I was going to be working on that day.  I only knew for certain that I would be doing Lori’s make-up.  Upon arriving at Salon Trisse, I found out I would be doing Lori’s make-up along with five bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom.

The ladies at Salon Trisse were already hard at work...

© Day Spa Central
Allison perfecting an updo

© Day Spa Central
Lindsay working the curls
I took a nice long drink of my coffee and started grabbing people for my chair and along with Allison Perkins, Chaunnah Macewicz and Lindsay Vrane, all stylists at Salon Trisee, I got started.  First up was the mother of the groom.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
I knew she wasn’t from here – the groom is from the Philadelphia area and met the bride at college in a suburb south of the city.  Since I lived out that way for a short time, we chatted about the area and all the people that traveled to come to this wedding.  Everyone was excited and couldn’t wait.

© Day Spa CentralMake-up: Gretchen Wilson
Picture taken with flash
I got her in my chair before she had her hair done, but managed to snap some pictures of the up-do just before they all left for pictures.
© Day Spa CentralMake-up: Gretchen Wilson
© Day Spa CentralMake-up: Gretchen Wilson
© Day Spa CentralMake-up: Gretchen Wilson
© Day Spa CentralMake-up: Gretchen Wilson
Next was one of the bridesmaids, Sam.  She was the one who arranged the trial and all of the updos for the day of the wedding.  She is a regular client of Lindsay’s, so she did her updo.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane
Picture Taken with Flash

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

What I don’t have a picture of is the lashes we added on before the ladies left.  It was a last minute addition and they had to scoot out the door really fast, but imagine her beautiful eyes framed with even longer lashes.

Lori’s mom was up next.  She had her hair styled by Chaunnah.  She had a thick bang, so I wanted to draw her eyes out as much as possible while making sure her lips didn’t hide in the background.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Chaunnah Macewicz
Picture taken with flash


© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Chaunnah Macewicz
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Chaunnah Macewicz

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Chaunnah Macewicz

One of the things I liked most about Lori was that she wasn’t afraid to let the bridesmaids to their own thing.  Her sister decided to go with hair-chalk and a glittered updo with a deep smoky eye.  Since her hair had a lot of flair, I decided to make sure her smoky eyes were really structured – no smudging in this one, just definition.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
 
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
Picture taken with flash
 
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
The bride and groom’s best friends from Philadelphia were standing up in their wedding as well.  Again, I did her make-up before the hair, but she wanted it pulled off her face.   Since she was blonde, she wanted her eyes to really pop out.  I initially wanted to go with a bronze smoky eye, but she wanted more charcoal.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Picture taken with flash

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson

She looked great when she was all done, but I didn’t manage to get any pictures of her updo.

The groom’s sister was also in the bridal party.  She had an incredibly elaborate updo, so I wanted her to be camera ready without being too over the top. 

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Picture taken with flash

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson


© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson

I finally got to do my brown smoky eye!

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson

Jeanne, a bridesmaid, went with a 40’s pin-up updo from Allison.  With hair as awesome as this, I had to make sure her make-up matched the vintage look perfectly.  Her one request was to incorporate green into the make-up.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
She had the greatest eyes and they were easy to play up with a light green base and an awesome deep turquoise liner I have from NARS.  She looked fabulous.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
Picture taken with flash

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins
© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins


© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins

Let’s take one more look at that updo, shall we?

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Allison Perkins

Then it was Lori’s turn.  Lindsay had perfected her hair and secured it so it was going NOWHERE.  I pulled out my notes from her trial and got started.  The only thing different was we added false lashes.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane
Picture taken with flash

And they looked FABULOUS.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane
As you can tell, she was still having a great time and let me snap my camera away while I was spinning her around to see the finished look.

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane

© Day Spa Central
Make-up: Gretchen Wilson
Hair by: Lindsay Vrane
I also wanted to throw in a couple pictures of the flower-girl…




…and junior bridesmaid.



Aren’t they adorable?

I hope that they all had a great time and wish all my best to the bride and groom.  One thing is for certain… this group definitely knows how to have a good time!

If you’re interested in my make-up services, you can contact me at info@day-spa-central.com or at 219.789.4998.  I do on-site work in the Northwest Indiana/Chicago area as well as working freelance at Salon Trisse in St. John, Indiana.  You can make hair appointments and make-up applications there by calling 219.365.0814.

No comments:

Post a Comment